Home activities can provide hours of entertainment and recreation for young children. The following articles offer a number of tips for making playtime interesting and fun, no matter if enjoyed inside or outdoors.
- Gardening is a way for young children to appreciate the planting process and watch the fruits of their labor grow. EarthEasy.com explains what crops are most suitable for planting by children and how to do it.
- Baking also teaches children about the work that goes into food preparation before it reaches the dinner table. The Food Network gives suggestions for making any baking activity fun for kids and easy for adults to clean up.
- SimpleKids.net details how caregivers can create a favorite kid activity: the obstacle course.
- Dancing allows children a fun alternative to more traditional kinds of exercise. TLC lists activity suggestions that incorporate different styles of dance.
- Put on a play with your children for the family and neighbors to watch. As the American Psychological Association explains, encouraging your children to engage in make-believe is highly beneficial for their mental growth and development.
With three locations in and around Newtown, Pennsylvania, A Child’s World offers early education and daycare center services to families with young children. To learn more about our child care facilities, please call us at (215) 519-1993.